The 100 guitars on a drunken boat is an evolutionary project created by Gilles Laval, composed initially for 100 electric guitars and inspired by the French poem of Arthur Rimbaud, “Le bateau ivre”. It reinvents itself, with each new re-creation in new contexts.
For this new stopover, we are offering, in partnership with Nicolas Bonadio, to embark 40 guitarists, 20 from Lyon and 20 from Berlin on a new adventure.
The two groups will join in June 2022 for a concert in Lyon, followed by a concert in Berlin in September.
The rehearsals will take place from April to September. Participants will also use web conferences for a better remote collaboration. The Learning Center on our web site is also available for interactive learning.
Requirements to participate
- Be under 30 years old(*)
- Have at least 3 years of guitar practice
- Be self-sufficient in terms of equipment: guitar, amp and pedals
- Commit to attending all rehearsals, web conferences and concerts
- Be autonomous in learning the pieces of the creation using our Learning Center
- Be from the Lyon or Berlin region
- Have valid travel documents to travel to France and Germany
- Comply with all COVID-19 regulations in France and Germany at all times
The project will take place from April to September 2022.
April, 5th: new planning (click to enlarge).
Should you have any question about the selection process, the project, the music, or anything else, please feel free to drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. We usually reply within 2 business days.
(*) Age restrictions are mandated by the framework of the exchange between Lyon and Berlin supported by the Franco-German Youth Office FGYO/OFAJ. Therefore, we had to restrict ourselves to 40 “young” guitarists when we would have liked to perform with 100, with all the possible and desired diversities. Hopefully, we will sail happily, even within those restricted times…